About Me

Friday, December 11, 2009

Word-of-Mouth Without Words?

New agencies are finding out that more and more, it doesn't take blogging and tagging and favoriting, but now the electronic book devices, known as Kindle is being used for exposure and spreading the "word."

Everyone knows the power of word of mouth PR can be great- but what if you can syndicate your blog and press release and news articles and anything, really with Kindle, instead of relying on disseminating information with broad internet outlets?

I've seen people reading Kindles... sometimes. It doesn't seem to be an extremely wide-sweeping phenomenon, though. I mean, I don't think that I personally am ready to give up the feeling of a book in my hands- and reading on a computer screen for too long gives me a headache, anyways. I digress... My point is, where's the bad in putting your words out in the kindle world? It shouldn't turn into a sudden advertising and PR frenzy, to the point where you can't read anything without being bombarded with ads, but if there's genuine interest in articles, or columns that can be attained through Kindle just like any other book- then I think being able to look it up on Kindlefeeder is a great thing for public relations.

here's what Jennifer Modarelli said about her company's use of Kindle:

"We saw the Kindle as part of the broader shift toward a more intimate level of one-to-one marketing for our agency. Our prospect gets to experience the Kindle and learn about White Horse. It's a word-of-mouth strategy without the words or the mouth." -Ad age

I think it might work... with reservations. It would be hard to make money off of, and the company would probably spend more time cultivating their client's relationship with the new gadget than creating buzz- but it certainly would be an interesting project.

http://adage.com/smallagency/post?article_id=141050

No comments:

Post a Comment