About Me

Friday, October 2, 2009

My Bank Has a Twitter!

This is all very predictable, with the rise of mergers between companies and self-controlled media, but no less cool. My bank, Wells Fargo, launched an active twitter account. There is someone who is actually monitoring twitter, available weekdays 9-5 to answer my basic banking questions.

I researched it, and they were holding an inactive twitter account for a while, monitoring the popularity of Twitter before they decided they wanted to be involved. Yet so far, tweets are usually one-way announcements.

This is very pioneering, to me. Maybe I just find it weird that the bank has multiple blogs too. Now I can post my ATM-related problems for the world to see. I'm thinking that this is probably the last stop for company information to be disseminated, though. (Note the disclaimer on the Wells Fargo Twitter page) Although, it's just shooting out public information, so I guess I can be on board.

But maybe if I actually do need to discuss my bank matters, I'll just physically go to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment